DCR LASER DIODE
Stenosis of the nasolacrimal duct is a common disorder and may lead to recurrent infection with pathogenic bacteria, sepsis, sinus thrombosis or corneal ulcer. Dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR) is the treatment of choice for these patients.
- user friendly
- compact and portable design
- optimal laser wavelength
- optimal power
- little or no pain and swelling
- little or no scarring
- innovative diode laser technology
Laser transcanalicular DCR, minimally invasive technique
It can be performed under endoscopic control or with transnasal visualization of the fiber position alone. The aiming beam transilluminates the nasal mucosa and bone indicating the position of the proximal end of the fiber inside the lacrimal duct and giving operator precise control over the procedure.
A 400 μm diameter quartz fiber is used in contact mode to cut through periosteum, bone and nasal mucosa.
Laser transcanalicular DCR features very short operating time, minimal complications and is a safe and effective procedure with rapid recovery where patient’s life is minimally disrupted.
LacriMax is a medical laser designed for surgical procedures. It delivers 10 W of powerthrough a 400 μm fiber, making it ideal for precise surgery, especially for endoscopic procedures.
Its wavelength of 980 nm is perfectly matched to the absorption peak of water, which, together with its excellent absorption in hemoglobin, results in cutting and hemostasis with minimal lateral thermal damage. It leaves the operating field clean and sterile. There is little or no pain and swelling during and after the procedure.
The user can choose from several preset modes of operation. Alternatively, the user can save sets of parameters for each particular application. These can be recalled at a touch of a button, saving valuable time. The parameters used in the procedure are stored and can be reviewed after the procedure is finished.
Dedicated Patented Handpiece
- DCR handpiece – a handpiece for diode laser for DCR application
- DCR fiber stripper – a stripper with measuring pipe for shortening the fiber tubing
- DCR optical fiber – 400 μm multiple use fiber in silicon tubing (3 m), male SMA905 connector on one end, STERILE for use with the DCR handpiece
- fiber scribe – a scribe for cutting the optical fiber
- safety goggles – specific eye protection, wavelenght 980 nm, CE marked (EN 207)
- DCR alu case